What is CDS Exam? Eligibility & Preparation
CDS Exam: In this article, we will know about what is CDS Exam? and eligibility criteria, Written-test, and Interview for the CDS exam, etc… Hello Friends, welcome back to all of you in our blog Starchand once again.
Sometimes it seems that man should do something for the country. But how? Talk to family members: If someone has not done anything in this line, how will they adjust. Maybe he can demotivate you. That is why we have come up with answers to all your similar questions in today’s article.
If it is about patriotism, then many people have the passion to do something for the country and it should be. But there are different ways to express this patriotism. If someone pays taxes on time, then someone is ready to stand on the border to serve the country.
The CDS is the exam that gives country lovers a chance to serve the country and make an excellent career, after clearing, the candidate gets a golden opportunity to be part of one of the armies like the Army, Navy, and Airforce. is. In such a situation, you must also take complete information related to the CDS exam so that you too can be prepared for this exam.
Therefore, in this article today, we have brought all the necessary information related to the CDS exam for you, so definitely read this article till the end. So let’s start and first of all know what is CDS exam?
What is CDS exam?
Combined Defense Services is the full form of CDS. After clearing this exam, the candidate gets a job in the Indian Military, Air Force and Navy. By clearing the CDS exam, you can find officer posts in these services.
These exams are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and occur twice a year. Every year more than 4 lakh candidates participate in this exam, out of which very few candidates are selected. In this exam, the selection is done on the basis of a written test and interview.
So friends what is CDS exam? After knowing this, we now know which stages we need to clear the CDS exam?
- Qualifying Ritten Test and
- Appear in interview
After clearing both these steps, you will be selected for one of these places.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Naval Academy, Goa
- Airforce Academy, Begumpet
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
So, friends, after reading the above paragraph, we have known that What is CDS exam? and friends after knowing this, now it is time to know about what is the eligibility criteria for CDS exam? So let us now know about this.
⭐ Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam
After knowing this, it is now the turn to know what is the eligibility criteria for this exam? So let us now know about this.
➤ Nationality Criteria
Candidates applying for the CDS exam must be citizens of India, Nepal or Bhutan.
➤ Edge Limit
Before applying for the CDS exam, you have to also look at the conditions of age limit which is like this-
- For Indian Military Academy – 19 to 24 years
- For Indian Airforce Academy – 19 years to 24 years
- For Indian Naval Academy – 19 to 24 years
- For Officers Training Academy – 19 to 25 years
➤ Educational Qualification
Talking about the educational qualification, the educational qualification of the candidate applying for the CDS exam should be-
- For Indian Military Academy: – Candidates must have graduated from a recognized university.
- For Indian Naval Academy: – Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy: – Candidates must have a graduation degree. Also, having maths and physics subjects in the twelfth class is compulsory.
- Officers Training Academy: – It is very important for a candidate to graduate from a recognized university.
➤ Marital Status
- For Indian Military Academy: – Unmarried
- For Indian Naval Academy: – Unmarried
- For Air Force Academy: – Both Married and Unmarried
- For Officers Training Academy: – For Man – Married and unmarried, and when it comes to women, unmarried or issue divorce and issue widow can be done.
➤ Physical Eligibility
Talking about physical eligibility, it is very important for the candidate to be physically and mentally fit to crack the CDS exam. It should have ice, height, and weight-related conditions fulfill. There are many conditions associated with the physical eligibility of a candidate that is selected only by the candidate who is clearing. Therefore, before applying for the CDS exam, understand every condition and criterion associated with it so that you do not have to face any problem of any kind.
⭐ Written Test
So let’s take a little more information about the written test. This test is an objective type test in which Maths English and General Knowledge questions come up. This test takes place in three steps. The first paper is in English, the second paper is of General Knowledge, and the third paper is in Elementary Mathematics. Duration for each paper is two hours and for each paper, there are a hundred marks.
Intelligence tests and personality tests are taken after the written test is cleared. This test also has negative marking. So you have to clear it very carefully.
⭐ How to Prepare for CDS Exam?
So let us now know how to prepare for cracking the CDS exam? If you want to crack the CDS RITAN exam then consider these tips.
- Practice solving the quick problem because you get about one minute for each answer. So remember the shortcut tricks to solve the related question from mathematics.
- Along with being quick, it is also very important to be accurate, so take care of accuracy with speed.
- Must solve last year’s question paper.
- Make the practice better with the mock test so that you can get the exam-like atmosphere and challenge completely and get ready for better performance.
- To crack the General Knowledge Paper, do not remain dependent on only the guide available in the market, but take help from NCERT Books.
- You have to be updated at all times with the latest news of the country.
- Make a revision as soon as each topic of each subject is clear.
- Optimistic means that remain optimistic and continue to provide hard work and smart performance with dedication.
So, friends, we have given you important and important information related to the CDS exam in this article. But there are many conditions in the eligibility criterion for appearing in the CDS exam, which only after taking good care, you started preparing for this exam.
So friends, after reading this article we have known that what is CDS Exam? and as well as we have known about the eligibility criteria, written test, and how to prepare for the CDS exam? etc…
So, friends, we hope that this article will prove very effective in your life. It has always been our endeavor that through our articles you get complete information on the given topic so that, you do not have to go anywhere else.
If you loved this article even a little bit, then Like, Share & subscribe to our blog Starchand. So now give us permission, we will meet you very soon.
My dear friends, if I have made any spelling or grammatical mistakes in this article: “What is CDS Exam?” please forgive me as a small child, and at the same time please comment about that mistake so that, I can correct that.